I love that I made this blog because I get to sit in my room in my PJ's on my bed and just write my heart out to you. I've been really excited for a while to connect with you guys on a deeper level and talk about real life. Real life can be DIFFICULT!! It gets stressful and it picks up the pace and sometimes, all of a sudden, you feel this heavy weight of being so overwhelmed. And it happens to all of us at some point.
So today I'm really excited to bring some light to your darkness and share with you my favorite bible verses that have helped me so much throughout my life. I hope these words lift you and lead you to our Creator who loves us so much!
1. "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:17-19
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted. In the time you feel the most alone, God is the closest.
2. "From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for you are my safe refuge." Psalm 61:3
When you feel overwhelmed, talk to God. Open yourself up to His overwhelming love that will take away the pain.
3. "When my anxious inner thoughts become overwhelming, your comfort encourages me." Psalm 94:19
Let God's grace and fatherly comfort be what your mind focuses on when your thoughts become anxious.
4. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30
Jesus is gentle and humble in heart. You will find rest for your soul - that sounds like exactly what I need when I feel like my mind is going 100 miles per hour.
5. "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
One of my FAVORITE verses ever. If our God is for us, who can stand against? He has overcome the world. And he has YOUR back.
6. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
The moment you realize you are anxious or worried, say a prayer. It can simply be "God, I'm anxious. Thank you for your unconditional love. Please calm my mind." And He will listen.
7. "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:30-31
You will soar like wings on eagles - this is so beautiful. I LOVE when the bible references nature because nature is something that calms me when I'm anxious.
8. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
I have always struggled with the worry that I won't understand what God wants me to pursue and that I won't live out God's will, but I've realized that it's pretty simple - trust Him, let go, and He will open the right doors and guide you.
9. "I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8
You will not be shaken - stay strong, you got this.
10. "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:2-4
This is one of my favorite verses OF ALL TIME. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters. This always seems to calm me down and just makes me take a deep breath.
What are the bible verses that help you in times of stress and worry? Sometimes all you need is a simple verse to remind you of the power of our God and that we are safe in His arms. Let's be a community that supports each other in our walks <3